Digital and Printable Farm Animal Activities for Preschoolers
On The Farm is one of my favorite preschool themes! Young children love farm animals, and there are so many opportunities for hands on activities and learning centers. These Digital and Printable Farm Animal Activities for Preschoolers are an awesome way to work on animal identification and fine motor skills at the same time! Little ones will love matching the animal name to the picture and placing the animal into the barn.
Because this preschool farm activity is a free printable and comes in digital form, it can be used a variety of different ways and fit with any lesson plans!
No matter which version you choose, your little learners will get fine motor skill and hand eye coordination practice manipulating the animals hands-on with the animal cards or using the computer mouse.
What Skills Can Be Taught In A Farm Theme Preschool Unit?
Teaching farm animals to preschoolers is an engaging way to teach a variety of skills! The following skills can be taught with a farm theme unit!
- Letter recognition: Reading farm themed books and looking at vocabulary words are just two of the many ways that you can practice letter recognition with a farm theme.
- Letter sounds: Practicing animal sounds is a great way to introduce letter sounds and practice phonics skills with preschoolers!
- Counting: Farms are full of things to count! Animals, fruits, vegetables, people, and tractors! (just to name a few!)
- Life Cycles: Life cycles are the perfect way to tie science into your farm themed unit!
- Jobs: Learning about jobs and responsibilities is another fun topic to work on while learning about farm life!
Learning Resources Veggie Farm Sorting Set, Food Sorting GameFisher-Price Little People Caring for Animals FarmLearning Resources Peekaboo Learning FarmMelissa & Doug Magnetic Farm Hide & Seek BoardLearning Resources Counting Cows Toy Set, Math Games for Kindergarten
How To Use These Farm Animal Theme Preschool Activities:
After you enter your email address at the bottom of this page, you will be sent a link to download your activity.
You will receive a PDF that contains printable pages for the activity as well as links to the Google Slides and Seesaw digital versions.
If using the printable activity, print out pages 4-11 of the digital activity onto white card stock paper. Laminate the barn pages and farm animals.
On every page, place clear velcro circles on each of the white squares and on the barn. (you will need four velcro circles for each page)
Put the opposite side of the velcro pair on the animals. Choose three animals (make sure one of the animals matches the animal name) and adhere them to the page using the velcro dots.
Hole punch the pages with a three hole punch and assemble them into a binder, or use a plastic book binding machine to put your book together!
Click the image on page 2 of the document for Google Slides and page 3 for Seesaw. Once you have opened the digital file you can share it with your students through whichever platform you are using!
Students will be able to click and drag the animal that belongs in the barn. The repetitive sentences make this the perfect activity for young readers!
Other Ways To Use These Fun Farm Learning Activities:
- Use as a whole group activity during circle time! Sing Old MacDonald Had A Farm and practice making the animal sounds together for each page!
- If using the printable version, place the animal cards into a farm sensory bin for a great sensory play farm activity. As your child finds each animal they can put it into the barn that matches its name.
- Pair this fun farm preschool activity with a dramatic play center focused on pretend play and farm life activities!
- Use the printed animal cards for a fun matching or memory game!
- Enjoy a fun farm themed snack while learning about farm animals.