Farm Theme Color Matching Activities for Preschool
Old McDonald had a barn E-I-E-I-O and in his barn he had a cow E-I-E-I-O! Well, that’s not exactly how the song goes, but it is how this adorable preschool farm theme activity goes! This activity is a great addition to any farm preschool theme! Your little learner will love using these Farm Theme Color Matching Activities for Preschool to practice their color identification skills and work on strengthening their fine motor skills!
One of the best parts about this activity is that it comes as a digital activity and as a preschool color matching printable! So, whether your preschool lesson plans are being taught at home, in the classroom, or virtually, you are good to go!
How To Teach Preschoolers Colors:
There are so many fun ways to teach colors to preschool and kindergarten learners! Here are a few ideas!
- Painting is a wonderful way to let your little one explore colors!
- As your child is having dramatic play time have conversations with them about colors! Can you bring me that red ball? What color blocks did you use to make that tower?
- Color sorting activities are always a hit with my preschoolers! Sort crayons, blocks, stickers, cars, and more according to their colors!
- Playing “I Spy” with colors is one of my family’s favorite games to play on walks and in the car!
- Dye some shaving cream or whipped cream different colors using food coloring! This makes a fun sensory bin activity! Put the cream into clear plastic baggies if you want to minimize the mess!
How To Use This Color Matching Activity:
After you enter your email address to get this FREE activity, head to your inbox and click on the link for the color matching activity!
Once you open the link, you will be able to download the version (Google Slides, Seesaw, or Printable) that works best for you!
If you are using Google Slides, you will be prompted to make a copy of the activity! Follow the prompt to make sure that you get an editable, interactive activity that you can share with your students!
Note: Be sure to keep the activity in “edit” mode so that your little one can move the cow to the correct color barn!
To use the printable activity, print the activity onto card stock paper and laminate the pages! Cut out the square pictures of the cows.
Note: There are two different printable options! This is great for differentiation! One option has the color vocabulary words written in their color, while the other option has all the text in black!
Attach one clear velcro circle or square to each image of a barn. Put the opposite side of the velcro on the back of each cow.
Organize the pages into a pile and assemble them into a book using ribbon, yarn, or plastic binding!
Now you’re ready for some color matching and farm animal fun!
Other Ways to Use This Color Activity For Preschool:
- Ask your child about the other colors they see on the page! This can be a fun “I Spy” color activity!
- Practice letter identification! Do you see the letter “e” anywhere on the page? What other letters do you see?
- Use the activity to practice story telling! Making up stories is a great preschool pre-reading activity! If your little one has trouble starting out the story, then give them a sentence starter! Once upon a time there was a big red barn…