Digital Diagram of a Life Cycle of a Penguin Activity
Cold and snowy weather always puts me in the mood for an arctic animal theme. I have the perfect arctic animal activity for kindergarten to go along with this winter weather we are having. Small, black and white, loves to waddle… that’s right! A penguin activity! This Digital Diagram of a Life Cycle of a Penguin will make a great addition to any arctic animal unit.
This digital life cycle of a penguin for kindergarten is cute, interactive, and an awesome way to work on your science objectives for kindergarten.
Science For Kindergarten:
After teaching the penguin life cycle, there are numerous ways you can extend your learning.
Here are a few ideas for keeping with the arctic animal and life cycle themes:
- Read books about arctic animals and create a wall of facts to show what you learned about penguins and other animals while reading.
- Compare different penguin species. How are emperor penguins, African penguins, and macaroni penguins similar and different?
- Create an arctic animal sensory bin!
- Explore the life cycles of other polar animals that live in the arctic like the snowy owl or polar bears.
- Be sure to check out our arctic animal posters!
How To Use This Life Cycle Diagram Activity:
Enter your email address below and then check your inbox for a link to this digital activity.
Once you open the link, you will be able to choose whether you want to use the Google Slides version or the Seesaw version in your arctic animal lesson plans for kindergarten.
If you are using the Google Slides version, follow the prompts to “Make a Copy” of the activity. This will allow you to share the learning activity with your students.
Once you have made a copy, you will be able to put the activity into “Edit” mode and make the science activity interactive.
To interact with the activity on Seesaw, click the capital T (text tool) and you will be able to drag and drop the boxes with the stages of the penguin life cycle.
There are two different activities included in this digital download.
The first activity is a diagram of the penguin life cycle. Your child will drag and drop the labels to the pictures they match.
The life cycle of a penguin stages that are included on this slide are egg, hatchling, chick, juvenile, and adult.
The second activity is a complete the sentence activity. Your child will look at the picture and complete the sentence at the top of the slide by dragging and dropping the correct vocabulary word into the empty box.
After one sentence is completed, go on to the next slide. Continue until all the slides have been completed!
Other Ways To Use This Activity:
- Write the stages onto index cards and see if your child can put them into the correct order.
- Print out the stages of a penguin life cycle and see if your students can work together to order them. Give each student a slide and have them create a circle showing the life cycle.
- See if your child can remember the stage that comes before or after the stage that is on the screen while you are working on the fill in the sentence activity.
- Once you complete the activity, print the slides and create a penguin life cycle book!
- Practice letter recognition and letter sounds with the vocabulary words on each slide.