Marshmallow Cereal Digital Counting Activities for Preschoolers: 1-10
We love eating marshmallow cereal in my house! My oldest child loves to save all the marshmallows for last, while my daughter quickly picks through all of the other cereal and eats the marshmallow treats first. What kind of marshmallow eaters do you have? Do your children eat them first as fast as they possibly can, or do they save all the marshmallows for last? No matter what their strategy is for eating marshmallows, I’m sure they will all love Marshmallow Cereal Digital Counting Activities for Preschoolers: 1-10.
Fun counting activities for preschoolers are a great way to get your child motivated and excited about counting.
This colorful cereal counting activity is a wonderful digital option for your in person or virtual counting lessons for preschoolers.
Teaching Counting To Preschoolers:
Learning to count is such a fun concept to teach preschoolers. The excitement that you see on the faces of young children when they tell you the number of objects they counted is so rewarding.
Once preschoolers start counting, they never want to stop.
Start with numbers 0-10, then work your way up to 20, and then all the way to 100.
The list of ways to practice counting ideas for preschoolers is endless!
Counting during free time play, math counting games for preschool, digital counting activities, and hands on counting activities are all wonderful ways to work on counting skills.
What Preschool Math Skills Does This Activity Practice:
- counting skills (specifically counting to ten)
- number recognition
- one to one correspondence
- counting objects preschool activities are great for building number sense
How To Use This Marshmallow Counting Activity For Preschoolers:
After you enter your email address in the box below, check your inbox for a link to the digital activity.
When you open the link to the activity, you will be given the option to choose the Google Slides, or Seesaw version.
If you are using the Google Slides version, make sure you follow the prompts to “Make a Copy” of the activity. This will ensure that you can share it with your students.
Once you have your own copy, you will also be able to put it into “Edit” mode and interact with the slides.
If you are using the Seesaw version, all you need to do click the text tool (capital T) and you will be able to interact with the slides.
Each slide has the question “How Many Marshmallows” written at the top. Your child will practice counting the number of marshmallows in the bowl and click and drag the shooting star marshmallow to the numeral for the correct number of marshmallows they counted.
Once they have placed the star on the correct answer, you can have them go on to the next slide!
Other Ways To Use This Counting Marshmallows Activity:
- Talk about the other numbers that are on the slide. Can your child identify all the of the numbers?
- Ask how many more marshmallows they would need in the bowl to make ten.
- What marshmallow shapes and objects does your child see in the bowl?
- Compare the numbers on the slide. Can your child pick out the largest number? The smallest? Can they order them from least to greatest?
- Practice color identification. What colors does your child see in the bowl?
- Put out some mini marshmallows for your child to count out on the table for some hands on practice of one to one correspondence to go alongside the digital activity. If you don’t have marshmallows you can use cotton balls.
- Try this free printable hot cocoa marshmallow activity!